Other activities and goals include providing assistance in the following areas:
- College Admissions Process: Provide technical assistance to students and their families to complete the college admissions process.
- College Application Support: Provide individualized support and services to students that will equip them for the college application process. Activities include workshops on how to research colleges and universities, steps to writing the personal statement, and how to successfully complete the college application.
- FAFSA Support: Provide support to students and their families during the FAFSA process through a series of hands-on FAFSA completion events.
- Financial Literacy: Provide financial literacy resources and assistance to students and their families to provide a better understanding of asset management to ensure a more secure financial future.
- Career Exploration Activities: Provide career exploration activities, including field trips and speakers’ series to MDCPS high school students to assist them in identifying an occupation that matches their interests and talents with an aligned academic plan for success.
- College Tours: Provide a series of visits to colleges and universities throughout the country that will give students the opportunity to interact with postsecondary students and staff, experience campus life through activities and tours, and learn about possible majors and careers.
- College-readiness Curricula: Develop and implement high school college-readiness curricula to better prepare student for college level coursework. Activities include student workshops on organization, time management, college knowledge and success planning, academic tutoring, mentoring, Summer Bridge Programs and Test Prep Boot Camps.
- Professional Development for College Advisors and Graduation Coaches: Provide professional development workshops for college advisors and graduation coaches at the targeted high schools to equip and maintain their knowledge of the college process to better assist students with the college preparation and enrollment process.
You can download a summary sheet on ¡HACER!’s purpose and activities here.